100% of Donations Benefit Veterans, Active Duty, and their families in the DC Metro Area
The outreach and community work accomplished by John Lyon VFW Post 3150 has a direct positive impact on the communities that call some of our Nation's most hallowed sites home. Please consider clicking one of the donation buttons below to help support our work.
2018-19 VFW Year Fundraising
MAKE YOUR DONATION HERE!
Progress Towards 2018-19 Goals
How We Spend Donations
John Lyon VFW Post 3150 is a 501(c)19 not for profit entity recognized as such by the Commonwealth of Virginia and the United States Government. To obtain a copy of our Federal 990, please contact the Post Quartermaster at email@example.com. We spend money in the following categories:
- Service: Service can take several forms from operating a food drive, to decorating graves at Arlington National Cemetery. John Lyon VFW Post 3150 makes every effort to include some aspect of service into every activity we do. Even our famous karaoke nights act a service to our veterans and active duty by providing them the opportunity to engage in a community and find their tribe.
- Operations: The service accomplished by John Lyon VFW Post 3150 is incumbent on our ability to remain in operation. Keeping the lights on and the doors open is essential for us to continue the good work that we do. From bills, to taxes, to stocking the canteen with food and libations, our operational funds are what keep us going.
- Maintenance & Improvement: The running joke is that our building was built before the VFW was founded. While that is not entirely accurate, our 100+ year old structure is in regular need of maintenance and improvements. As much as the operational funds allow us to keep the doors open, the maintenance and improvement funds help us keep a door to have open!
- Long-Term Savings: While not a form of expenditure, one of our major goals is to raise and stow away enough money to insulate John Lyon VFW Post 3150 from emergencies down the road. Donations to our long-term savings fund are placed in a savings account and left to accumulate interest and are only used for emergencies or major projects.
- Service Fundraising Goal: $25,000
- Operational Fundraising Goal: $15,000
- Maintenance & Improvement Fundraising Goal: $50,000
- Long-Term Savings Fundraising Goal: $100,000